Computers & WiFi
We regret to say that our public desktop computers are unavailable until we can safely offer access to the library building. In the meantime, we can offer the following:
Ayer Library’s 100 MBPS WiFi network is available outside the library building 24 hours a day.
- April 2020: We added an additional access point to make our WiFi network available in our parking lot!
- January 2021: Fiber-optic network connection speed upgraded from 30 MBPS to 100 MBPS.
Ayer Library now offers Wi-Fi hotspots and tablets for Ayer patrons to borrow
- November 2020: Eighteen Wifi Hotspots and six WiFi Tablets that connect to the internet via T-Mobile’s cellular network are now available to borrow.
- The WiFi Hotspots are portable devices that can connect up to 15 laptop computers or other WiFi-enabled devices to the internet over a cellular phone network.
- The WiFi Tablets are portable devices that can connect up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices to the internet and can also be used to browse the internet via a touch-screen and a selection of pre-installed apps.
When Library Building re-opens:
There are eight Windows desktop computers available for public use. Each computer is connected to the internet and has basic word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software loaded for use.
Four computers are located on the Main floor of the library. These computers are connected to a color laser printer and are the best options for printing documents and images. Four computers are located on the Ground Floor in the Youth Services department. These computers are connected to a color inkjet printer.
The Library has an open WiFi network that is available for laptop, tablet, and smartphone users.