The Ayer Library Board of Trustees is the governing body of the Ayer Library, as established by the Massachusetts State Legislature via the Library’s 1894 Act of Incorporation and as amended in 1991. Board members are volunteers and the Board operates under a set of By-Laws.
Ayer Library Board of Trustees
- Robert Gardner, Esq. ~ President
- Dana Bresnahan ~ Treasurer
- Cyndi Lavin ~ Secretary
- Debra Faust-Clancy
- Becky Campaner (Elected – Term expires in 2021)
- Julie DeWalt (Elected – Term expires in 2020)
- Sue Kennedy (Appointed – Term expires in 2020)
- Sharon Slarsky (Appointed – Term expires in 2020)
The Board conducts regular business meetings at 6:00 PM in the Ayer Library on the third Tuesday of each month, September through July. These meetings are open to the public.
There are nine seats on the Board of Library Trustees. Six of the nine seats are self-perpetuating; those board members do not have to run for re-election. The three remaining seats are filled through Town elections. Elected members serve three-year terms.
The Ayer Library Board of Trustees is seeking to fill vacant seats on the Board. If you would like to find out more about serving as a Library Trustee, please contact Library Director Tim Silva at (978) 772-8250 x105 or by email.