The Ayer Library is here for everyone, free of charge.
You do not need a library card to use the Library. Here are just some of the things you can do without a library card:
- Ask a question of one of our staff members – we’re here to help you find the information that you’re looking for. Call or email, we are in the building working!
- Access online newspapers, or magazines in our collection through our library website.
- Use our WiFi network that is extended outside in our parking lot and grounds to browse the internet, check your email, or search one of the Library’s online database resources.
- Request by Curbside Form or phone to have help to print a document, make photocopies, or send a fax. We charge a nominal per-page fee of $0.25 to print or photocopy, and a $1.00 per-page fee to send a fax.
- Use one of our outdoor picnic tables to study or enjoy your Curbside pick up.
- Pick up a a Teen or Kids Curbside Craft, or order and Adult Creative Crafting kit.
- Attend one of our many free public programs virtually.
What can you do with a library card?
- Borrow any of the books, DVDs, video games, discount museum passes, or other circulating materials in our collection free of charge.
- Borrow items from more than 140 public libraries in the CW MARS library network. This collection consists of more than 8 million physical items (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) and over 65,000 eBooks, eAudiobooks, and digital magazines.
- Use the library’s online catalog to request items from across the CW MARS network and have them delivered to the Ayer Library.
- You can return borrowed Ayer Library items to any CW MARS library and vice versa for immediate check-in. The items will be shipped to the owning library at no cost to you.
- Get remote access to most of the Library’s online database resources through our website.