The Ayer Library building is open to the public as of Tuesday, June 15th!
Operating Hours: The Library will return to its pre-COVID operating hours of Tuesday-Thursday 10 AM – 8 PM, Friday 10 AM – 5 PM, and Saturday 10 AM- 2 PM.
Building Access: Patrons will be allowed to enter the building and use the facilities much as they had before COVID, with the following exceptions:
- Masks are recommended for staff and patrons visiting the library building.
- Disposable face masks will be provided for those that do not have their own.
- Masks are not required on Library grounds or when using the Library’s Curbside Service.
It is important that the library is a safe space for everyone. Young children and their families are daily visitors to our library. Because children under the age of 12 are not yet eligible to be vaccinated, we are asking patrons and staff to continue to wear masks when inside the library regardless of vaccination status. Thank you for your patience and your consideration for your fellow community members.
- The Friends of the Ayer Library Book Sale Room will re-open with the rest of the library. We are not accepting donations of books or DVDs until at least July 1st.
- We will continue our COVID-19 waiver of late fees for overdue items through Labor Day. We will still charge replacement fees for lost or damaged items.
- Curbside Service will continue. We will continue to provide curbside pickup service for the foreseeable future.
- At this time all in-person programming remains suspended. The Ayer Library Summer Reading Program is still being offered online for all ages. Click here to register online through Beanstack: ayerlibrary.beanstack.com/reader365
We are excited to safely welcome our patrons back into the Library building. If you have any questions or concerns about our re-opening, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at 978-772-8250, or by emailing email@example.com